Information on the Minecraft servers run by TimRiker.
- Don't mess with other people's stuff except on grief world
- Don't crash the server with silly things like giant balls of lava or water
- Put signs on what you build, especially if you want allow others to use resources, etc.
- Don't mess with the entry builds. This includes /spawn and entry areas in other worlds.
- Do mess with other people's stuff on the grief world. That's what the grief world is for.
Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/dRPeyRY
https://mc1.rikers.org/ mc1.rikers.org running PaperMC 1.15.2 with these worlds:
- cubec - new entry world, small world border at the moment
- rafaria - old entry world, survival mode, all biomes needed for the achievement within 2048 blocks of spawn. no griefing
- creative - creative world, worldedit available, don't mess with other peoples builds.
- grief - set to HARD. don't kill the server, but grief whoever you like, of course they can grief you back. Funning FactionsUUID
The permissions are such that by default players do not have build rights. Use /promote to grant them access, or /demote to remove access. You can /promote or /demote anyone in a group lower than yours. The groups are:
- observer - no rights
- default - open doors, etc.
- guest - most build rights
- user - same as above (plus the ability to /promote default to guest)
- mod - kicking, banning, disguises, protection, etc.
- admin - whitelist management, give, take, etc.
- op - most anything
https://mc.rikers.org/ mc.rikers.org was running Spigot 1.12. It's shutdown at present. It had these worlds:
- world - survival, all biomes in the 2000 blocks near spawn
- creative - creative world
- xb* - copied demo xbox worlds
- sb21 - skyblock 2.1
- cr45 - Cops and Robbers 4.5
The dynmap plugin is used to generate the dynamic maps.
Servers runs Multiverse and have multiple worlds. Some commands:
/warp - list warps
/warp creative - example, use this to warp to the creative world
/mv list - lists worlds
/mv tp <world> - takes you to the spawn point for a world
/mv who - who is on and what world they are in
/spawn - takes you to your current world's spawn point
The servers use LuckPerms. You will need someone to add you to the guest group to be able to build. Email TimRiker if you have questions.
The old server was available on mc.rikers.org:1710 and was running bukkit 1.7.9 supporting 1.7.10 clients. Thank you to everyone that built interesting things on the server!
The different worlds have separate inventories (PerWorldInventory) so you can't take things in and out of the creative worlds.
WorldEdit is installed and is active in the creative world (/warp creative).
Are people interested in having their own "regions" in the world that won't allow others to enter? I don't know if PermissionsBukkit has a mode where people can manage their own access groups. I'd like to empower people over their own stuff as much as possible.
There should be an Ender Chest at the spawn point. This holds a different inventory for each player on each different set of worlds.
Here are links to some of the online documentation for the server and plugins. You can use /version to get the server version and /plugins to see the current list of plugins.
https://github.com/drtshock/Factions/wiki (FactionsUUID for the grief world)
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/factionsuuid.1035/ (FactionsUUID for the grief world)
ChestProtection is enabled. Place a sign on the chest or furnace with the text '[Protection]' on the first line. Your playername will be added to the last line. You can add two more players on the second and third line to share a chest. More details on the https://wiki.ess3.net/wiki3/Sign_Tutorial/Core#Protection_Sign page. You can add more signs on the same object with more people on them.
There is a snapshot server running on mc1.rikers.org:25555 which updates itself nightly. It's running whatever snapshot version Mojang publishes. It restarts nightly. This is a vanilla server. No special permissions or plugins.
mc1.rikers.org also runs a bedrock server. There are no permissions plugins, everyone is in survival mode unless opped.
The primary server was running https://github.com/DragonetMC/DragonProxy which allowed connecting with a Bedrock client, like the Android, iOS or Windows 10 Minecraft clients. Right now you still need both a Java client account and a Bedrock account to connect. Login with your Bedrock client and the server will ask for your Java credentials. Do not put them in if you don't trust the server admin. They are not logged or stored. This proved unstable and is currently offline.